Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tweet Log 3 (December)

Continuing my story through tweets... start at the beginning here.

Go back to part 2.
Go forward to part 4.

*~*~*

Today, just trying out a tiiiny bit of Mexican culture with food. Got some fresh tortillas and ready to make some fajitas. Deliciosa!

Finishing up a batch of homemade chocolate truffles. These are always such a hit during the holidays. Belgian chocolate is so amazing :)

Manga Nostalgia: Inu Yasha. The series ended up way too long and I never finished, but the premise really was great. Good times...

I love seeing all the gifts under the tree. Gets me in the Christmas-y mood! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season :)

For many countries in Europe St. Nicolas day is celebrated on the 6th. We haven't celebrated it in a long time, but it's nostalgic.

Manga Nostalgia: Card Captor Sakura. I love Clamp! And this one is just a classic! I don't care if it's for a younger audience - soo cute ^^

I love seeing all the Christmas lights outside my window. While I wouldn't spend thousands of dollars on it I think it's a lovely tradition~

We have a box of fruits de mer! They're sea creature-shaped chocolates that are a very classic treat from the Belgian coast.

I've been in the mood for making onigiri lately. Should I put salmon or tuna in them? Methinks I'm buying both! :D

Manga Nostalgia: Fushigi Yuugi. Very cheesy shoujo series, but it sort of became a classic. Not my favorite, but still enjoyed it!

I finished watching My Girl! I may have shed a tear... It was such a cute series overall!

I've got such a huge backlog of kanji to review! Slowly whittling away at it...

Lately I've been trying to work on some entries ahead of time for when I start up my blog~

Manga Nostalgia: Rurouni Kenshin. Loved it, and now that I know more about Japanese history it's really interesting to read through it again.

If there are any topics that might interest you for me to write about in my upcoming blog, I'm always happy to get input! ^^

Hmm is a restaurant/movie theater an American thing? I can't remember going to these in any other countries...

Just finished watching G no Arashi! ちょっと長かったけど超面白かったなぁ〜 I'm pretty sad it's over XD

Family from Canada coming in today! I only went there when I was a baby, so I'd love to go back and travel there one day.

Manga Nostalgia: Chobits. The content and story may have been a bit risqué, but I still enjoyed it, and I really loved the art.

It's already the 25th for those living in Japan! Merry Christmas to you guys~! :D

Lots of preparations for dinner tonight! We usually celebrate Christmas on the 24th, but lately we've started opening presents on the 25th.

Christmas Dinner menu: lots of amuse-bouches, smoked salmon, croquettes au fromage, and buche de Noel. Sooo excited.

We're opening presents in the morning this time, which is a little more American. It's rather exciting :)

メリークリスマス!Joyeux Noel! Feliz Navidad! Merry Christmas! Hope you had a great one!

The holidays have been so busy... I just hope to get through my backlog of kanji cards before heading back to school!

The holidays have been so busy... I just hope to get through my backlog of kanji cards before heading back to school!

Getting caught up on my variety shows! First up, Tensai! Shimura Doubutsuen. It's all about animals and is so fun and adorable~

Another show I watch - VS Arashi. It's a fun, sporty type of gameshow. Virtually all the variety shows I watch are Arashi shows...

Another show I watch - Himitsu no Arashi chan. Tons of little corners full of competition and discussion featuring Arashi and special guests.

The last show I keep up with is Arashi no Shukudai kun. They talk a lot, so it's good for Japanese practice, and it's really entertaining~
blog comments powered by Disqus